THE POSITION BELOW IS VACANT IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant (Human Resources)
LOCATION: St. Thomas/St. John District
Interested persons should contact: DIVISION OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Deadline for applying: Until Filled
Performs administrative duties for executive management. Responsibilities may include screening calls, making travel and meeting arrangements, preparing reports and financial data, training and supervising other support staff, and customer relations. Requires strong computer and internet research skills, also calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Takes and transcribes dictation, screens calls and callers and maintains appointment book for supervisor;
- Interprets and explains rules, regulations, and policies to office personnel, employees in other offices, and to other persons contacting the office and organizes and supervises a small office staff;
- Assembles and disseminates information; transmits staff instructions;
- Receives and sorts incoming mail, drafts replies to inquiries and prepares letters of request where supervisor’s immediate attention is not necessary;
- Review subordinates’ work for correctness and completeness;
- Prepares rough draft or monthly and annual reports on the operation of proposed changes in current policies;
- Attends and participates in various staff meetings to keep informed of proposed changes in current policies;
- Performs other related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the departments organizational structure and functioning;
- Knowledge of the codes, policies, regulations and procedures related to the department;
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures, including the use of standard office equipment;
- Ability to prepare basic budgeting theories and principles
- Ability to work independently and efficiently and to organize, allocate and supervise the work of a small office staff;
- Ability to interpret and implement policies, procedures and computer applications related to the department or organizational unit to which assigned;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all persons contacted in the course of work.
- Two years of college-level coursework in business or a field related to the work of an office administrator;
- Three years of Office Administrative, Supervisory or lead experience in the area of assignment.
Interested persons should apply by visiting our website at http://jobs.vide.vi and select the appropriate application for submission procedures.
Send your complete application package to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Application documents required: (1) Completed Application, (2) Resume, (3) Cover Letter, (4) Official College Transcripts, (5) Certifications, (6) Licensures, (7) Three Letters of Recommendation, (8) Police Background Check and (9) Doctor’s Statement of Good Health.
****DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS, THE DEPARTMENT WILL NOTIFY ONLY THOSE WHO ARE SELECTED FOR THE NEXT STEP IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS. ****
Travel, transportation and relocation expenses are not authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected candidate.