May 5, 2020
ST. THOMAS, USVI – The Virgin Islands Department of Education will conduct two additional days of laptop and Mifi distributions on May 6 and 7 for eligible public-school students.
ST. THOMAS-ST. JOHN DISTRICT
May 6 & 7, 2020
9 a.m. to 12 p.m. (pick up at school campuses)
- Charlotte Amalie High School
- Ivanna Eudora Kean High School
- Jane E. Tuitt Elementary School
- Joseph Gomez Elementary School
- Julius E. Sprauve School
9 a.m. to 12 p.m. (pick up at Curriculum Center - EWAA)
- Yvonne Milliner-Bowsky Elementary School
- Edith Williams Alternative Academy (EWAA)
- Ulla F. Muller Elementary School
- Addelita Cancryn Jr. High School
- Bertha C. Boschulte Middle School
- Joseph Sibilly Elementary School
- Lockhart Elementary School
ST. CROIX DISTRICT
May 6 & 7, 2020
Schools are contacting remaining eligible students for pickup of the electronics.
Priority distribution is being given to students who indicated their need for the items in a survey the Department conducted in March and who have earned less than the required 70% passing average for the first semester and/or third marking period. One Mifi device will be issued per household and each eligible student will receive a laptop computer or tablet.
In order for students to be assigned the electronics, parents are required to complete paperwork accepting responsibility for the items, which are the property of the V.I. Department of Education. The electronics should be returned to the Department on or before June 4. A detailed drop-off schedule will be announced at a later date.
Parents and students are reminded to wear a face mask or facial covering during pickup.
Download PDF: pdf DOE Additional Laptop, Mifi Distribution Dates Announced for Eligible Public School Students (179 KB)