ST. CROIX, USVI – School bus service for St. Croix Educational Complex High School students along the Concordia/La Grange/Frederiksted route will resume at 6:30 a.m., on Tuesday, Jan. 17.
In line with established school bus safety rules, Abramson Enterprises, Inc., suspended bus service on the route last August, following an incident of student misconduct while students were being transported.
The Department of Education reminds students to observe all school-bus-safety rules while riding the bus. Parents are asked to reinforce these important guidelines with students at home.
School Bus Safety Rules
- Students are expected to be at the bus stop closest to their residence at least five (5) minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive
- Students should not be standing or playing in the roadway or while riding on the bus
- Students should ensure traffic has stopped before stepping into the roadway to load and unload their bus
- Students must always follow the instructions from the school bus driver
- Student should not be moving while the bus is in route
- Students should not throw objects in or outside of the bus
- Students can and will be suspended for not adhering to bus rules
Download press release here: pdf School Bus Service Reinstated Jan. 17 for Complex Students on Concordia/La Grange/F’sted Route (174 KB)