THE BELOW IS VACANT IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
POSITION TITLE: School Monitor
LOCATION: St. Croix District
Interested persons should contact: DIVISION OF HUMAN RESOURCES firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applying: February 09, 2017
This is responsible work which involves the maintenance of a safe and orderly environment. Work also involves the responsibility for reducing incidents of disorderly behavior on the school grounds and to discourage disruption of school business, programs, and other activities by students and/or non-students. The employee is required to use good judgment while enforcing rules and regulations in accordance with established guidelines. Supervision is received from the school’s Principal and/or designee through periodic inspections, review and analysis of reports submitted.
DUTIES AND RESPOSNIBILITES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
• Check all students and visitors for passes while on school premises;
• Prepares a daily incident report;
• Reports any student and/or non-student who are caught in the act of gambling, smoking, fighting, or any other behavior deemed unacceptable, to the Principal and/or designee, for appropriate action;
• Ensures that students adhere to established laws, rules, and regulations;
• Establishes effective rapport with students, parents, and staff that will result in the reduction and/or prevention of activities that seems to hamper the teaching and learning process;
• Reports all incidents, which require police assistance to appropriate personnel;
• Performs other related work as required.
KNOWELEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of conflict management and strategies;
• Knowledge of the basic methods and practice of security guard work;
• Ability to read and comprehend;
• Ability to react quickly, calmly, and appropriately, during emergency situations;
• Ability to deal tactfully, courteously, and impartially with all persons contacted, during the course of work;
• Ability to express oneself, clearly and concisely, orally and in writing;
• Ability to write a simple report.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Completion of the twelfth grade or its equivalent, plus two (2) years working experience
in a guarded and/or security-related type position;
• Psychological testing and physician statement of good health are required (if hired).
Interested persons should apply by visiting our website at www.vide.vi and select the appropriate application for submission procedures.
Send your complete application package to email@example.com for consideration.
Application documents required: (1) Completed Application, (2) Resume, (3) Cover Letter, (4) Official College Transcripts, (5) Certifications, (6) Licensures, (7) Three Letters of Recommendation, (8) Police Background Check and (9) Doctor’s Statement of Good Health.
Travel, transportation and relocation expenses are not authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected candidate.