POSITION: SCHOOL LUNCH WAREHOUSE MANAGER
This is administrative and supervisory work in the management of area district warehousing. An employee in this class is responsible for receiving, warehousing, inventory control and the distribution of goods to schools, as well as developing policies and procedures to ensure the smooth operation of the warehouse. Work is performed under the direction of the District Director, but the employee is given considerable latitude in executing his/ her functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Determines the need for commodities and supplies and arranges for the purchase of those commodities and supplies by monitoring the quantity and quality of commodities stored;
- Place orders and arranges deliveries of commodities to provide sufficient balances on hand;
- Supervises receipt and delivery of both Federal and locally purchased commodities;
- Uses reports from the Food Service Supervisor to ensure compliance with good health practices and Federal regulations at schools;
- Supervises the maintenance of all warehouse records of receipt, distribution and inventory;
- Provides explanation of irregularities to the State Office and District Director;
- Consults with all employees in the warehouse and schools about the correct job procedure for efficient operation;
- Reports immediately to the Director any willful disregard of job procedures or direct orders by an employee;
- Supervises warehouse employee attendance regularly;
- Deliver and distribute federal donated commodities as requested;
- Ensure that reporting and internal control systems are functioning and all relevant records are properly maintained;
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the principles of administration and supervision;
- Knowledge of Federal laws, rules, regulation governing commodities, supplies and distribution of such;
- Knowledge of the operational principles of trucks and related automotive equipment;
- Excellent skills in communicating clearly and effectively in English, including writing clear and concise documents;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Must be flexible, proactive, highly motivated, resourceful, professional and efficient;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- Ability to lift seventy (70) pounds or more.
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment in carrying out functions of the position;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management or other related field with five (5) years or more of progressive relevant experience in administration, warehouse and storage operations; and
- Valid Virgin Islands driver’s license.
“No person shall be discriminated against in employment or in any other educational program or activity offered by the Virgin Islands Department of Education on account of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, handicap, or age.”