"No. V.I. Child Goes Hungry" Feeding Initiative Resumes Jan. 13 in STX, Jan. 18 in STTJ
Due to the impact of COVID-19 on School Food Authority operations in the St. Thomas-St. John District, the “No V.I. Child Goes Hungry” Feeding Initiative will resume on Jan. 18 in that district.
The program will begin operations in the St. Croix District on Jan. 13, as originally announced.
Parents may pick up breakfast and lunch at the school closest to their homes between the hours of 9:30 a.m.–11:30 a.m., while supplies last. Meals will only be distributed from designated schools; community distribution sites will no longer operate.
There will be no meal distribution on the Jan. 17 Martin Luther King Day holiday.
When students return to in-person learning on Jan. 24, they will receive daily meals at their respective schools, as part of the traditional School Lunch Program. Students enrolled in the Virgin Islands Virtual Academy may pick up meals at the school with which they are associated.
ST. CROIX DISTRICT
January 13-21, 2022 Meal Distribution Sites
- Juanita Gardine K-8 School
- Eulalie R. Rivera K-8 School
- Ricardo Richards Elementary School
- Lew Muckle Elementary School
- Alfredo Andrews Elementary School
- John H. Woodson Jr. High School
- St. Croix Central High School
- St. Croix Educational Complex High School
- Arthur A. Richards K-8 School (modular campus)
- Claude O. Markoe Elementary School
ST. THOMAS-ST. JOHN DISTRICT
January 18-21, 2022 Meal Distribution Sites
- Ulla F. Muller Elementary School
- Jane E. Tuitt Elementary School
- Joseph Sibilly Elementary School
- Charlotte Amalie High School
- Lockhart/Cancryn School
- Yvonne Milliner-Bowsky Elementary School
- Joseph Gomez Elementary School
- Bertha C. Boschulte Middle School
- Ivanna Eudora Kean High School
- Julius E. Sprauve School