The Virgin Islands Department of Education, St. Thomas-St. John District, will offer preschool at select district schools for the first time beginning in the 2020-2021 school year.
Registration is now open for Sugarapple PreK-4 enrollment at Yvonne Milliner-Bowsky Elementary School on St. Thomas and Julius E. Sprauve School on St. John. Children must be age four on or before December 31 to be eligible for enrollment, which is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
St. Thomas - 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
July 15 & 16, 2020
- Parents submit a pdf STTJ Public School Registration Form (6.76 MB) online, (applications also available at the Curriculum Center – Edith Williams Alternative Academy)
- Parents must report in-person, with the *registering student, at the Curriculum Center to submit the required documents below
St. John – 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
July 17, 2020
- Parents submit a pdf STTJ Public School Registration Form (6.76 MB) online, (applications also available at Julius E. Sprauve School in Cruz Bay)
- Parents must report in-person, with the *registering student, at Julius E. Sprauve School to submit the required documents below
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR PREK-4 REGISTRATION
1. Original Birth Certificate
2. Court Appointed Adoption or Guardianship (if applicable)
3. Power of Attorney/Guardianship Affidavit – (if child is not living with one or both biological parents)
4. Virgin Islands Immunization Card
5. Health Clearance Form from East End Clinic, MCH, or Myrah Keating Smith Clinic (St. John)
6. pdf Universal Child Health Record Form (503 KB) completed by a Physician
7. Valid Photo ID of Parent/Guardian registering student
8. Proof of Residency in the US Virgin Islands
- A. Homeowners – Signed closing statement or Deed or Property Tax Receipt AND current WAPA Bill
- B. Renters – Lease Agreement signed by the landlord and tenant and current WAPA Bill (WAPA Bill is required when lease includes utilities)
*Child must be present at time of registration.
Parents with questions or who need more information, may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.