THE POSITION BELOW IS VACANT IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
POSITION TITLE: Program Monitor
LOCATION: St. Thomas/ St. John District (Federal Grants Office)
Interested persons should contact: DIVISION OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Deadline for applying: August 27, 2017
Salary Range: $31,131 GRADE: EC-22 STEP: 0
This position is federally funded and is therefore based on the availability of funds
Union: Support Staff Unit – (AFT)
This is a standard position involving work monitoring and analyzing past and present programs and estimating future program activities. An employee in this class participates in planning of the various programs. They also plan and coordinate activities for assigned programs and prepare summary and monitoring reports and participate in budget planning for various program areas mandated by the Department. Work is performed under the direction of a higher level officer, where general supervision is given. Work is reviewed at least once weekly to verify completeness of assigned duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE):
- Develops, installs and maintains program monitoring systems which provide control of expenditures made to carry out activities for the Virgin Islands Government;
- Advises management regarding matters, such as effective use of resources and methods for preventing capital being frozen;
- Participates in planning of agencies and department programs;
- Monitors various programs;
- Plans, coordinates and directs activities for Virgin Islands assigned programs;
- Prepares summary and monitoring reports and participates in budget planning for several program areas mandated by the Virgin Islands Government and the Federal Government;
- Conducts site visits as prescribed by the various program plans.
- Participates in program assessment and evaluation.
- Interprets Virgin Islands policies, programs and objectives, serves as liaison between Virgin Islands Government and project staff/sub-grantees;
- Analyzes operation of projects and recommends methods for improvement;
- Prepares and submits summary reports, indicating monitoring activities on projects or participants, including information about appropriateness of jobs, goals and objectives of the program.
- Conducts oral interviews on a group or individual basis with participants and Program Operators in order to ascertain that the goals and objectives of the programs are being
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of and ability to understand and implement programs within federal guidelines;
- Knowledge and ability to conduct training and seminar sessions;
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques;
- Knowledge of basic mathematical functions;
- Ability to work productively with a program and/or management team;
- Ability to follow evaluation design;
- Ability to monitor and coordinate activities;
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely;
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a major in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Physical or Natural Sciences, Education, ResearchMethods or related fields.
- A High School Diploma supplements with four years’ experience in program management or program monitoring related work.
No person shall be discriminated against in employment or in any other educational program or activity offered by the Virgin Islands Department of Education on account of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, handicap, or age.”
Interested persons should apply by visiting our website at www.vide.vi and select the appropriate application for submission procedures.
Send your complete application package to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Application documents required: (1) Completed Application, (2) Resume, (3) Cover Letter, (4) Official College Transcripts, (5) Certifications, (6) Licensures, (7) Three Letters of Recommendation, (8) Police Background Check and (9) Doctor’s Statement of Good Health.
****DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS, THE DEPARTMENT WILL NOTIFY ONLY THOSE WHO ARE SELECTED FOR THE NEXT STEP IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS. ****
Travel, transportation and relocation expenses are not authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected candidate.