THE POSITION BELOW IS VACANT IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
POSITION TITLE: Data and Assessment Director
LOCATION: St. Thomas/ St. John District
Interested persons should contact: DIVISION OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Deadline for applying: Until Filled
Salary Range: $60,000.00Union: Exempt
A data and Assessment Director in the Virgin Islands Department of Education coordinates the administration and analysis of all district quantitative and qualitative data and information including but not limited to surveys and assessments (screening, diagnostic, information). The Director provides guidance, support, and technical assistance to schools in the implementation of assessments to determine school, classroom, and student progress based on the Territory standards. The Data and Assessment Director advises district and school administrators in the assessment and evaluation of programs to measure impact and program effectiveness. The Data and Assessment Director also serves in an advisory capacity to the Territory. This position is full-time, 12 months.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE):
- Designs and implements the district wide assessment program including policies, guidelines, procedures, and professional development;
- Administers the state assessment and report data to the territory;
- Plans, implements, and maintains qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis system;
- Coordinates the collection and analysis of student assessment data;
- Ensures the smooth and efficient operation of survey and data collection activities;
- Serves as liaison between schools and the district on a range of academic, administrative, and outcomes assessment issues;
- Develops and maintains databases and information systems;
- Monitors the progress of assessments, studies and/or survey activities;
- Assists in the preparation, design, and construction of materials needed to interpret student, school, and district assessment data;
- Develops and maintains records of studies and/or survey activities, and prepares periodic and ad hoc reports as required;
- Maintains and updates confidential files and records, ensuring that ethical and legal guidelines are maintained;
- Prepares an annual budget request in support of annual assessment goals;
- Maintains current knowledge about assessment programs, activities and mechanisms;
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the Federal, Territory and District data and assessment policies, guidance, laws and rules;
- Knowledge of classroom, school and district assessment systems;
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data collection tools and processes;
- Knowledge of screening, diagnostic and instructional assessment instructions;
- Ability to manage program and student information databases;
- Ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative evaluation;
- Ability to organize and monitor the administration of student assessment;
- Ability to evaluate personnel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A Master’s Degree of Science/Art degree or equivalent; Training and experience in psychometrics, data manipulation, analysis and management. Experience in program evaluation or Education and/or experience with student systems.
No person shall be discriminated against in employment or in any other educational program or activity offered by the Virgin Islands Department of Education on account of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, handicap, or age.”
Interested persons should apply by visiting our website at www.vide.vi and select the appropriate application for submission procedures.
Send your complete application package to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Application documents required: (1) Completed Application, (2) Resume, (3) Cover Letter, (4) Official College Transcripts, (5) Certifications, (6) Licensures, (7) Three Letters of Recommendation, (8) Police Background Check and (9) Doctor’s Statement of Good Health.
****DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS, THE DEPARTMENT WILL NOTIFY ONLY THOSE WHO ARE SELECTED FOR THE NEXT STEP IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS. ****
Travel, transportation and relocation expenses are not authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected candidate.