THE POSITION BELOW IS VACANT IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
POSITION TITLE: Performance Evaluation Staff Associate (Human Resources)
LOCATION: St. Croix
Interested persons should apply via: DIVISION OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Deadline for applying: Open Until Filled
A Performance Evaluation Staff Associate provides support and contributes to the program’s planning evaluation, knowledge management and monitoring. He/she identifies performance indicators, develops quality assurance strategies, trains program employees, maintains contact with program partners and ensures all program aspects comply with institutional requirements. The Employee Effectiveness System (EES) was developed to enhance the quality of work within the VIDE. It seeks to enhance the longevity of the VIDE and maintain a structure and sets the tone for organizational behavior.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Project management of the workgroup evaluation processes, objectives and desired outcomes during development, design and delivery periods
- Support to Commissioner, District Leads on evaluation system performance peaks, inform on shortfalls where leadership attention is needed
- High aptitude for frequent use of various technology tools such as research based web searches, excel, and interpretation of data both available and created to maintain knowledge of performance metrics
- Ability to rapidly adapt content and capacity knowledge of performance management software; day-to-day portal support required to assist users in navigating the site
- Comprehension of the union CBA’s body of knowledge which serve as a guidance and administrative document for design and development
- Efficient reporting practice of district data for the territory; weekly and monthly tracking of the progress and status of workgroup evaluation performance
- Upkeep of the VIDE Portal management which serves as then e-document resource for all evaluation processes
- Preserve and edit evaluation electronic guidebooks, forms, timelines, and documents created in support of the live, pilot and design processes
- Partner District Leads and Workgroup Managers, to support live and pilot processes; provide supportive communication and reports on district evaluation performance
- Demonstrate skill in coaching staff and peers; provide technical assistance to other departments as needed
- Conduct training both in-person and virtual of the performance management system, resource portal and additional aides to workgroups, team leads and supervisors
- Attend monthly planning team meetings, contribute to the ongoing conversation of evaluation development to support the organization’s goals for the employee performance management system
- Budget responsibility that captures expenditures to ensure program quality and needs are covered for training, development, design and all phases associated with monitoring the program
- Maintain meeting notes, commitments, and tasks lists associated within the responsibility of the moving projects forward
- Assist in ensuring that the functions of human resources are supportive of the institutional goals
- Project-based HR assignments; Comply with applicable HR policies, rules and regulations
- Perform other functions that may be assigned by the supervisor and/or Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Ability to analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions;
- Ability to multi task and schedule a significant number of activities, meetings, and/ or events;
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with established policies and regulations;
- Ability to write concise reports, carry out instructions and develop comprehensive plans with minimum supervision.
- Ability to speak persuasively to implement desired actions;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and participate in multiple complex initiatives;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels and all persons contacted during the course of the work;
- Knowledge of VIDE policies, regulations, and standard operating procedures;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (proficiency in Excel and Access);
- Knowledgeable of approaches for involving parents, family and community to support various programs and/or strategies;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Education Administration, Curriculum and Instruction, Business, Communications, Psychology or related field and four (4) years of progressively work experience in education, classroom teaching, training, management, leading projects, workflow management, compliance, recruitment initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Psychology or related field and eight (8) years of progressively work experience in education, classroom teaching, training, management, leading projects, workflow management, compliance, recruitment initiatives.
No person shall be discriminated against in employment or in any other educational program or activity offered by the Virgin Islands Department of Education on account of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, handicap, or age.”
Interested persons should apply by visiting our website at http://jobs.vide.vi and select the appropriate application for submission procedures.
Send your complete application package to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Application documents required: (1) Completed Application, (2) Resume, (3) Cover Letter, (4) Official College Transcripts, (5) Certifications, (6) Licensures, (7) Three Letters of Recommendation, (8) Police Background Check and (9) Doctor’s Statement of Good Health.